Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Monday, April 28, 2008

I Do Believe It's Over!!!

The snow is gone and the sun is shining. I think winter is over!!! I pruned trees all day yesterday in a t-shirt and today was definitely short sleeve weather. How exciting is that? There are flurries forecast for Thursday, but no big deal. They sometimes forecast flurries in July.



Jessie did great at her ballet recital. She was quite the little star. I don't think she is sad that dance is over though. Baseball has already started. She is the only girl on the team. She doesn't seem to mind. We went to practice today, and they were so cute. Turns out that if you are a parent and you go out on the field to help then you are the coach. So, stupid me, not knowing this, ambles out to help the only dad brave enough to go out. I now have a truckload of ball equipment. I guess, not only am I the assistant coach but also the equipment manager/water girl. Apparently sitting in the dirt picking your nose and watching a ball go by is quite dehydrating.

The only incident we've had this week is Jessie paying a kid ten bucks not to tell on her. Kelly said that had to be from me because he sought out trouble, never tried to get out of it. I guess she had the ten dollars in her coat pocket that was left over from money I gave her at a bullriding to get food. She hit the kid with her locker door "accidentally" and he was going to tell on her, so she just paid him off. I found out from his mom, which is the absolute worst way to hear about these things. I informed Jessie that if I hear it from someone else first, then it is always going to be worse than if she tells me.

Other than that, life is pretty tame here.












1 comment:

missnm said...

Love the payoff. Luanne sometimes found out from other sources, such as little wiener dogs just happening into her house! LOL