Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!




Well, Jessie and I are back on Alberta soil after a great trip to Texas. We did come home to a little bit of snow on the ground and cooler temps than down south. However, the days are noticeably longer than when we left. This is a good thing for me, and not so good for Jessie. She does not like going to bed when it is still daylight.

We had a good Easter in Texas. Jessie got to hunt eggs twice and actually hugged the Easter bunny at church. I guess an Easter Bunny in church can't be that scary. She is generally terrified of oversized animals and rodeo clowns.
I was excited to help brand. We all know that dragging calves is my favorite thing in the world to do. Jessie let me ride her new horse and he was great.
Jessie got a Nintendo Wii while we were down south. Kelly couldn't wait to get playing of course, so we had a tournament last night. He wouldn't let me quit until he won something. He finally beat me at boxing. He and Jessie had a bowling tournament, and as I was giving her a speech about being a good sport, he yells, "Ha, take that. Now whatcha gonna do? Do you feel this game slipping from your hands?" He may get grounded from it before she does. However, I have twenty on him injuring himself within the week.

Now that we are home, of course, the calving has begun. We had our first beef calf last night. Kelly carried him in this morning as I was pouring my first cup of coffee. He is now warming up in my kitchen. I think I may have saved his ears by putting hot water bottle on them, but I'm afraid his tail isn't going to make it. It was pretty cold when he came in. Jessie told Hooch to look after him while she was gone, and he has taken her orders to heart. He growls at the cat anytime he gets close to the calf. Hopefully, he will be up and going before too long. I would like him out of the house. Things aren't looking promising though.



Tonight is Cowboy Church in Stettler. We are playing for it, so I have to run into the Leather Shop and have a quick practice session at lunch. I have been gone and our fearless leader can't make it tonight, so Lori has been panicked. She did some recruiting, so I think we will be okay. We played before for it and didn't they asked us back, so I'm thinking it's one of those jobs that you can't get fired from.
Hope all is well with everyone, and have a great April Fool's Day. Don't let anyone pull one over on you.


1 comment:

Shelley said...

Glad you had a great time in TX! Jess is so cute!