Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Monday, June 2, 2008

My Turn!

So, it was finally my turn. It was inevitable. We all knew it was going to happen. Well, it finally did. I should have never made the comment that "She is finally growing up and making a nice horse." Kelly is usually the one getting bucked off around here because I choose not to get on the ones that are going to buck. However, Chula piled me up in the middle of a branding pen on Saturday. Apparently she is a way better bronc than I am a bronc rider. I did manage to get undallied and the rope away from any appendages before I hit the ground. As I was trying my best to get up with all my dignity, I looked over and she was still at it. All four feet were pointed east. I just prayed she was doing that belly roll when I fell off. Because, really, I should be able to ride her. In my defense, I was trying to bronc ride in a slick fork with stirrups I can barely reach. However, the so called "bucking rolls" were not doing a whole lot to help me stay in the saddle. I crawled back on as she was giving me a look that I promise was a smirk. After that I could not catch a thing. I went to the trailer and got Mighty Mouse. I still couldn't catch, but thank goodness we were nearly done that set. After a couple of Advil, two Buds and a some lunch I got back in there. I was not giving up, because I know I can rope and I was not settling for being the idiot taking up space in the pen. Hell, I had already got bucked off in front of all the neighbors, who by the way lined up with their cameras the second time. Finally I got one caught, and it only got better from there. I drug calves until MM could drag no more just to prove I could actually do it. I redeemed myself and took a whole lot of heckling. I do have great friends though. After it was all over, they kept telling me that Chula was getting it on pretty good. One guy even said "Robyn she was actually kicking." I think they were just trying to make me feel better. At that point, I didn't care. My knee was swelling and the aches and pains were creeping in. Today is Monday, and I still hurt. My knee is still swollen and the hot baths with Epsom Salts have not helped.

Jessie spent the weekend with her grandparents watching her cousin trick ride at a rodeo. She now wants to be a trick rider. I'm afraid with her parents ability to stay on a horse that this isn't such a good idea. Why would you want to hang upside down from a moving horse. I spent three jumps trying to avoid that.

No comments: