Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It Is Still Raining!

So, it is still raining here. Apparently summer really is only the last week and a half of July. We did get some cows moved around today before it started again. I only got chased once. When Kelly took the cows back out, I came to the house to get a hammer and staples to fix fence. While there, I got to bury the first of the kittens. I don't know what happened to it. Just another day in the glamorous life of the Armstrongs. Oh well, no time to dwell over a dead cat. I loped back to the pasture with hammer in hand and we got the fence fixed and cows settled in before it started storming. On the ride back, Kelly made the comment that today was the most pleasant experience we have had with our cows in a long time. He was right. It could be that the ones we were moving today are all bought cows, not raised.

My garden looks like death. I guess it hailed while we were gone this weekend. It kind of took its toll on my tomato plants. No matter, I'm no Mrs. Green Thumb because everything else I planted either isn't coming up or is coming up very little. Good thing we don't need it to survive. We would starve to death.

We did make it through the weekend at Marwayne with no rain. It was gorgeous. Sounds like it was the only place in Alberta that wasn't getting a torrential down pour. Jessie took her horses and rode all weekend. She went from absolutely no interest to riding three or four times a day overnight. It's amazing what a little competition can do. Poor Legend was beat. I'm not sure but I think Mighty Mouse was faking a limp when he saw what Legend was having to do. She was trying the Hippodrone Stand on him at one time. I got there just in time to hold him. Then she was miffed at me because I wouldn't let her help the pickup men chase bucking horses out of the arena before the rodeo.

We went for a ride when she got home from school yesterday. She left Kelly and me at the barn and took off. She was yelling at us to hurry up. We rode through some bulls and she said, "This is a great way to check cows." It was like she invented the telephone or something. I said "Eureka" and Kelly said "Whose kid are you?" She quickly replied, "Yours!"

I suppose I should head out. The chiropractor is coming to work on some bulls. I may get some horses snuck in there while Kelly has his back turned. Have a good one!

No comments: