Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Day of Summer Vacation!

It's finally here. Jessie made it through another successful school year. Now on to 2nd Grade. She is growing so fast. Today she helped weed the garden for 30 seconds and then helped gather the roping steers. One cut back and she headed out on her own to go get it. She stuck with that longer than the weeding. I can't imagine why. We were going to practice poles and barrels for her first playday today, so hopefully the storm will pass. She is quite worried about the goat tail tying. She wants to practice by tying Hooch at one end of the arena since she doesn't have a goat.

It is raining again as I type. We got back to the barn and unsaddled just in time. A thunderstorm blew in. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning right now. We desperately need another hail storm. Uggghh! I guess it would put my garden out of its misery. I could quit weeding it, and I wouldn't have to worry about the rototiller that I ran the tiller off of yesterday. Biff is going to be mad at me when he has to fix that, my weedeater that I somehow wrecked and Kelly's chainsaw that the chain fell off of. He must know how well things are going here because I haven't seen him in a week or so. Kelly and I had to mow the yard ourselves. Heaven Forbid. For those of you who don't know Biff, I am attaching a picture.



Friday was the field trip to Drumheller and the Royal Tyrell Museum. If you like dinosaurs, you need to visit this place. It is amazing. I, however, couldn't care less about a dinosaur. It is neat to see how they recover all the bones and fossils though.



That is about all I know for now. I suppose since it is still storming, I should get supper on it's way. Hopefully, after supper we can get back to riding. I left the horses in the barn, so they would be dry. Wishful thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe Biff still wears the Gold Coast suspenders. Love it.