Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello Again!

Sorry it's been so long. I've been down and out and really busy. We are having our first production sale June 10, so guess who got to build the catalog. You can see it on our website, www.kicknspin.com on the sale page. It came back from the printers today, and it looks good. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. However, I think I'm just sick of looking at it.

Kelly is out dummying yearling bulls right now. The wind is out of the north. There is no hint of sunshine, and I'm sure the windchill is below zero. They already broke a leg on one. I braved the weather in my North Face down coat and watched them buck two, and I came back to the warmth of the house. It is miserable out there. I'm just not that interested. Besides that, I will get the play by play anyways, whether I want to or not. There are 52 of them, so Kelly was desperately hoping to cut that number down significantly. That is way too many mouths to feed until they are old enough to haul.

Jessie is busy with softball right now. I think it should be mandatory that they all wear helmets, not just the batters. It is a dangerous sport, mostly from lack of eye hand coordination and attention span. She rode her new horse the other day for the first time. He is a hand me down from the cousins. His name is Big Boy. It is definitely for a reason. She looks like a flea on him, but he does whatever she wants and at the turtle speed she likes. He also loves carrots, so she has gone through a bag of carrots this week.

We are getting through calving quite nicely. It will be a good day when they are done and turned out to summer pasture.

Well, I should be on my way. I have a chili order for 10 that needs to be done for supper. I will get some pics on here later and try my best to do a little better job of updating this. Have a good one!

No comments: