Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Monday, May 18, 2009

Victoria Day!

Today is Queen Victoria's birthday, so we have a holiday. God Bless the Queen, I guess. However, this is the first long weekend of what is supposed to be summer. Campers look forward to this weekend all winter. They pack up their gear, load their trailers and absolutely flood every campground in Alberta. This morning, the joke is on the campers. It is snowing! Yes, I said snow! Not funny.

Yesterday it was about 70 with a wind worthy of Vernon, Texas. This morning it is snowing and the high is in the 30's. I'm glad I'm not a camper.

Kelly has headed back out to his tractor seat. We haven't seen him much. He did come in for supper last night when some friends called and said they were coming over and bringing everything we needed for hamburgers. It was a great supper. I didn't have to cook it. They even brought paper plates and plastic forks.

I plowed for a little bit yesterday. Jessie asked if she was going to get to see her dad in the day anytime soon, so I thought I better get out there for a while so they could play together. Kelly is pulling his hair out going round and round. I think it's therapy for his ADD. He thinks it is a waste of time he could better spend doing something "productive." I informed him that since he was planning on planting a crop in this field, that plowing should probably be considered productive. I hope he has learned his lesson this time and decides to hire a real farmer to do it next time. Jessie said he should have left it in pasture, it looks ugly all plowed up. She doesn't have that farming gene either. I, however, don't mind it. You can sit on the tractor all day and no one bothers you because there isn't a person for 1,000 miles that wants your job. It is actually peaceful.

During the father daughter quality time yesterday, Jessie made Kelly paint her new fort. In hot pink letters he had to paint, JESSIE'S FORT KEEP OUT BEWARE OF DOG. We're not sure if she is warning people of the vicious weiner dog or the three legged dog. Either way, they are warned. I will have to get pictures of this on a nicer day.

Since it's a snow day better spent indoors, Jessie and I are going to Red Deer to see the Hannah Montana movie. I'm quite sure it's an Oscar winner. Jessie has been dying to see it. She already knows all the songs off the soundtrack and can dance to them while singing in front of the mirror with her air mic. It's awesome.

Have a good one.

No comments: