Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I peeled myself out of my warm bed this morning at 6:45. I have to admit I stayed in bed a little longer than usual, but Kelly got up and made the coffee for once, so I thought I would wait until it was done. During the winter, we turn the radio on in the morning to listen to the local radio station for bus cancellations. Yes, during the winter. Today is March 10. Over the radio they announce that all county buses are cancelled. It is -33* Celsius. That is -27.4* Fahrenheit. Again, it is March! I'm beginning to think Global Warming is bologna.

Jessie's friends, Grady and Raina, are over for the day. They came running upstairs wanting to go play outside. I told them to come back in 10 minutes with a worse idea. Hopefully by lunch it will be at least -20 and then they can go out. Jessie has been dying for them to come over and play on "Snow Mountain." Kelly has been adding to it and skillfully sculpting it with the front end loader.




Jessie's hockey windup party is tonight, so yesterday I went to town and bought all the fixings for ice cream sundaes. I have yet to take the ice cream out of the back of the truck. What is the point? However, we may have to warm it up to scoop it out.

Well, that is all I know for now. I should get to work and make the most of this "Snow Day." Too bad it's too cold to even snow.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

WOW! I would still be in bed sipping my coffe :) Texas girls should not have to weather negative degree temps!

Betsy Harkey said...

OK...that is just way too cold! Anything less than 32 degrees does not even matter. I believe I will continue to schedule my visits during the summer.
However, I would love to take a run at snow mountain.
Betsy

Kendi said...

Hey! Found your blog through Kelli D's.
It's too cold for me up there!