Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Nice Weather Never Lasts Here!

It is not fit for man or beast out there right now. The windchill is only -25, but I would swear it was -50. My face is beginning to thaw and it is painful. I went out to sort out a mess that the horses created last night by opening a gate to the yearling bull pen. Instead of fixing it last night when the weather was decent, I put it off until this morning. I should've paid closer attention to the forecast. Needless to say, it is done and I put Copper and Mighty Mouse in the barn. I figure the 38 year old horse and the one witnessing his first Canadian winter definitely deserve a place out of the wind. The others will make their way back to the bush to seek shelter.

Today is hockey day and reading log, so I plugged the truck in when I went out. I need to get to town to the grocery store, but that may have to wait. They are giving blowing snow and poor road conditions on the radio. However, I can make it to reading log and hockey with only driving on about two miles of pavement.

With not much else going on, I thought I might just post some pics I've taken the last couple of days.


A True Canadian Birthday Party


Race on the Pond




Sunning


My Sweet Little Mare


38 Years Old


Armstrong Pork

No comments: