Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Friday, January 16, 2009

Chinooks!

The worst part about winter in Alberta , or I should say one of them, is that the weather man gets you all geared up for warmer temperatures. Well, in order for those warm temperatures to happen, the wind has to blow gail force out of the west. It is beautiful outstide right now until you step out from behind the shelter of the trees and buildings. I had big plans to ride in all the deep snow. It doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Tuesday was Jessie's school ski trip to Canyon Ski Hill. It is only an hour away. It has one chair lift, a t-bar and a tow rope. It is a perfect place to take kids who are learning. Out of the 100 kids in the school, seven stayed behind. The kids all take morning lessons and then get to ski until 2:00. We had a lot of fun. Jessie is getting to be quite the little skier. I have to tell her to slow down every once in a while. She is getting enough confidence to ski straight at someone standing at the bottom and blow snow on them when she stops. It's all fun and games until she doesn't get the stop just right. She was getting on and off the chair lift by herself as well. The only time she fell is when I tried "helping" her. I did get an earful a couple of times.



Kelly is hauling hay, so I've been busy entertaining myself today. Now, I realize some of you might think this is a mean thing to a weiner dog, but he wanted to follow so I let him. He's in the house laying in a sunny spot now. Not to worry, no animals were harmed or lost in the shooting of these pictures







Well, it's back to work now. Have a good one.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

What fun! A skiing school field trip :)