Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's Raining It's Pouring....

Well, summer has been and probably gone the way it works here. The last week has been beautiful. We have got most of the cows out on grass which was no easy task. Sorting pairs is not that much fun here. It has been raining for the last two days. Even the ducks are seeking higher ground. However, the rain is much needed and no one is complaining.

Jessie had her first baseball game last week. When the jerseys were handed out, she picked 1 because she is the only girl on the team. She did very well. She got four runs and got one kid out. They lost 20-17, but they were still very excited. We took her out to eat after, and instead of picking Dairy Queen or McDonalds like most children, Jessie picked the nicest restaurant and ordered spaghetti and Creme Brulee for desert. I think she figures she is in the Majors now.

Not too much exciting has been happening around here other than baseball and work. Kelly and I worked our calves the other day. Thank goodness there aren't too many beef calves to work. Kelly flanked and tied them so we could get them cut. I vaccinated, implanted and notched ears. Kelly bled more than any of the calves after he stuck the knife into his thumb and the implant gun in his hand showing me the "right" way to implant.

Jessie and I are headed to Sheridan to meet Bobby and Cita this afternoon. Jessie is pretty excited to get her horse, but she really feels that I can make the trip myself. She doesn't want to drive that far. I'm sure it will be a pleasant drive.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Glad you are finally having some beautiful weather. You deserve it!! I think all Little Leaguers should be in the Hall of Fame... they are so cute :)