Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Off to a Good Start!

Sunday has been a great way to start our week. The weather has been beautiful today. We just came in for hot chocolate. Jessie has been sledding today, Kelly has been choring, and I cleaned out the barn. Kelly called in the horses and Lucky and I pulled Jessie around on her sled until he was exhausted and my arms could pull no more. He was a little fresh to say the least. There is getting to be very little snow, so there were a few bumps in the ride. Jessie kept yelling faster, and I swore to her that she did not want me to let Lucky go any faster or she would need a helmet. She told me to "at least let him lope or run or something." She was pretty brave even after she bit it a couple of times.
That is all the excitement around here for now. We are off to town for supper. The cook is on strike and it's a holiday anyways. Family Day is tomorrow, so no school. Do not ask me what Family Day is. I think it is another excuse for Canadians to have a long weekend that they are so fond of.

2 comments:

missnm said...

Hey, I read the comment where the cowboy poet read your poem. Tried to go to the website and find it. No luck. Did you ever find it? Let me know. I wanted to read it.

Shalei

Shelley said...

Hey... So glad you are a blogger. It is a fun way to keep up with old and new friends. Will's mom was telling me about your blog so I had to check it out... Stay warm :) (if that is possible!)