Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday!

Today was definitely a Monday.

I got a call from school today that maybe I needed to come see if Jessie was okay. "Not an emergency, but" I maybe needed to come see if her teeth were all still in her head. Seems she had an accident in the gym during the Valentine dance at lunch recess. I took her to town with her screaming the 20 minutes to town that she didn't want stitches or to go to the dentist and I couldn't make her. Two hours later we emerged from the emergency room with only one stitch in the lip, a big nose, and all teeth. Even I held up and didn't get too weak in the knees at the sight of the blood and needles. I have to admit I did look away when they sewed it up. Kelly thought I was insane to take her in over a busted lip until he saw how big it is. She said that if felt like she had teddy bear lips and she missed her small lips.

All in all, the lesson I learned today is that no matter how bad it is, a strawberry sundae and a High School Musical Barbie Doll will make it all better.

1 comment:

missnm said...

I am glad to hear Jessie is okay. Dancing can be dangerous. Good thing she is learning that at a young age.