Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Hello 2017!

Well Happy New Year to you all! It has definitely come in with a frigid bang here in Alberta. We are blessed to have had a great corn crop this year, so the cattle are happily grazing corn all winter. We are feeding a few calves, but with no rodeo bulls, it seems like the feedlot is empty and the chores are definitely lighter. This being said, Kelly is in the house a lot twiddling his thumbs. I feel like one of us needs a job. School has started back up, as has the hockey schedule. There is never a dull moment here. Jessie has been busy halter breaking 4-H calves, playing hockey and trying to get some roping practice in when it's not too cold. Jake has just been busy. He's loving hockey and wants to be the goalie, much to his dad's dismay. He oversees all that happens on the farm. He is strictly upper management, while Jessie does all the work. I have decided to become a consultant for Rodan and Fields. I absolutely love their skincare products. If you haven't tried them, you should! You won't regret it. Turning 40 this year coupled with having lived in two pretty harsh environments, I decided I better start taking care of my skin. It's not getting any younger or any less sun with my lifestyle. I hope this New Year is good to you all! May God bless you in all ways! As always, if you are ever in our neck of the woods, stop in for a visit.

No comments: