Fall 2016

Fall 2016

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still Chasing the Dream!

Hello all. Sorry it's been so long, but this hectic summer schedule is keeping us on the road. I'm pretty sure Jessie hates rodeo more than any child. She is asking for golf clubs for her birthday. Not necessarily a bad thing.

We have put on two NBBA three year old bull derbies this summer. One being at our house. Not fun. Thankfully, Sarah was here to help. We have one more to go in two weeks. These wouldn't be near as bad if I hadn't been volunteered to secretary all of them. I hate that job. Hopefully, we will be headed to Fort Worth with a trailer full of bulls for the finals and come home with an empty trailer. Sell! Sell! Sell! That's our motto.

Kelly took a trailer load into town this morning to the sale and informed me we are dummying more tonight to see what else can go. He sometimes gets in one of these moods and a lot of bulls go missing. Not necessarily a bad thing either.

The cows are all turned out and we've been putting bulls out lately. So really, there is not too much exciting happening around here. Sarah did get to witness first hand the dealings with our cows. She was standing in the middle of the road trying to help us turn them in the driveway when they crawled the fence into the neighbors barley. I'm pretty sure Kelly threw his fencing pliers across the road off his horse, yelling words not to be repeated in polite company, faster than Chase can throw a fast ball. Anyways, two hours later and one wrecked barley crop, we got them back home. The last one did have a rope around her neck. The barley was so tall that it was up to Kelly's knees and he was riding Wiley. I was riding Chula and it was up to my hips. I told Kelly there were places I had to drop my reins and part it with my hands to see. The wind was blowing and the waving barley nearly made me sea sick. Don't laugh. I had the same problem riding in the ocean in Australia. You have to look at the horizon. Anyways, Kelly called the neighbor and explained to him what had happened to his barley. It was renegade heifers not crop circles.

Well, that is about all I know for now. I'm off to look after sore horses who are ruining all my great plans of doing nothing but roping all summer.

Have a good one!

No comments: